At Non Stop Action we respect the privacy of the children attending our activity sessions and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is only used to process your order, providing you with the best possible service, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our legal basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our Club.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media and post, so that we can send you information about your child, our activities and other relevant news, and also so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
If any of this information changes, you must ensure that you amend the details in order for us to provide you with the best possible service.
We take your privacy very seriously and do not share your information with any third parties. We will never release your personal details to any company outside of Non Stop Action for mailing or marketing purposes.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (eg to take online bookings)
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to provide services for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).